Guidelines for Letter to the Editor
- INCLUDE CONTACT INFORMATION: Only individually signed letters from a paid member of the WSBC will be considered for publication. Include your full name, city, state, and phone number. Any letter without this information will not be considered for publication.
- BE CLEAR AND CONCISE: Make one main point. 500 Words Maximum
- BE ACCURATE: Letters that are factually inaccurate will not printed. If you are citing a source, please provide a link to it.
- AVOID PERSONAL ATTACKS: Show respect for the opposite opinion. Personal attacks, libelous accusations, objective and gross misstatements of fact, and offensive language will not be published. Letters concerned with private grievances will not be published.
- SUBMISSION FREQUENCY: Writers are limited to one letter twice yearly. First-time letter writers will be given preference over recent or frequent letter writers.
- SPACE LIMITATIONS: Because of volume, not all letters submitted can be published. We do not publish open letters or material that has been submitted to multiple outlets. Letters may be edited based on space available.
- Letters to the editor should be submitted to
with “Letter to the Editor” in the subject line.