7811 N. Consolidated School Rd. Edgerton, WI 53534
The Wisconsin Sheep Breeders Co-op would like to help more young people get started in sheep production with the Young Shepherd Program. The WSBC will provide one young person age 18-25 with $1500 to be used to buy a minimum of three breeding sheep from a current WSBC member.
Current WSBC members as well as non-members are encouraged to apply. The recipient will be selected based on an essay written using the following criteria.
– Why are you interested in sheep production?
– What breed of sheep are you interested in and why?
– Where will the sheep be kept and cared for?
– What would be your short term flock goals?
– What would be your long term flock goals?
– A separate letter of recommendation from a sheep mentor
The WSBC board of directors will select the winner of the essay contest and announce the winner at the beginning of the scholarship auction Saturday of the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival.
The money will also be presented at this time giving the opportunity to buy sheep at the Festival. The money will not be paid back to the WSBC if the following criteria are met by the recipient.
– The money is used to buy a minimum of three breeding sheep from a current WSBC member.
– Become a WSBC member if not currently one.
– The recipient will give a short presentation at the following years Arlington Sheep Day about how the money was used, what is happening with the flock and what they have learned.
– The recipient is also required to have the sheep purchased or their off spring involved in the following years festival. This can be the sheep shows, carcass contest, fleece show, hall of breeds or any other event.
Entries must be postmarked by July 15, 2017 and mailed to
7811 N. Consolidated School Rd.
Edgerton WI, 53534
Contact Brandon Knutson with any questions.
email@example.com or (608) 732-4955